Screen Social, one of the best and longest running short film nights in London, is back this Wednesday with another evening of short films, music and discussion.
Tonight’s theme for the programme is equality – hence the W=M title – and they have 8 shorts lined up that roam around this theme, including; Tracks by Claire Oakley (trailer below), Towards Estate by Andrea Luka Zimmerman and Collage Romance: The Musical by Isabelle Sieb.
In a rare move for Screen Social they’re also hosting a live discussion at The Book Club with the panel talking about equality in film (obviously. They’re not going to be talking about game week 2 fantasy football picks.) On the panel will be:
- Writer, educator and activist Sophie Mayer.
- Gabriella Apicella and Gemma Mitchell, founders of Underwire Festival
- Elaine Sheldon and Sarah Ginsburg, creators of SheDoesPodcast, who’ll be having their say via skype from the US.
- Isabelle Sieb – award-winning film director who started her career making documentaries for clients like National Geographic and FIFA
- Romanian filmaker, Adina Istrate, will be joining the discussion and screening her work.
- Mike Buonaiuto – director and founder of Shape History
The night is technically free, but it is appreciated if you give a small donation – suggested £4 – for, y’know, all the free entertainment you’re getting. Plus all the donations go to the homeless charity Shelter.
Find out more on the Screen Social site.